BS plus MS in Robotics (Accelerated Graduate Program)
The BS plus MS in Robotics (Accelerated Graduate Program) is available to Carnegie Mellon undergraduates. Students interested in the program should apply at the beginning of their last year of college. Admission decisions will be announced the following January. The goal is to confirm acceptance prior to the normal job search and graduate school acceptance times. Early admission may also allow students to tailor the remainder of their undergraduate program to prepare for the masters program. If a student applies to this program and other MS/PhD programs and if admitted to this and other programs, the student must choose one program.
- Current Carnegie Mellon undergraduate student in their senior year
- Not enrolled in any other graduate programs (including other accelerated or IMB programs)
- Statement of Purpose – A two-page statement that covers the following:
- a short description of your career goals,
- an overview of your research experience and how it prepares you for this program, and
- a description of the research you plan to undertake.
- Unofficial transcript
- Three Recommendation Letters – Ideally from your MS advisor (if available), another faculty member, and an outside source (e.g., supervisor from a summer internship). Recommendation letters should be sent from your recommendor directly to Barbara (B.J.) Fecich. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application (statement of purpose and unofficial transcript are uploaded in the application) and recommendation letters must be received by December 1st (this is a strict deadline). There is no application fee and we do not require GRE (or TOEFL) scores for this application.
Admission decisions will be provided via email before the start of the spring semester in January.
Contact the MSR Program Manager, Barbara (B.J.) Fecich with questions.