RoboOrg Minutes from January 17,
Rob will check into the
cost of a pool table cover and ladies aid.
Kiran will organize the PSR
event for next year.
Maayan will continue
discussions regarding the XBox.
David will talk with Cheryl
and Matt regarding the re-keying of the lounge.
Chris will talk with Tim
Doebler regarding storage space on B level for the
Chris & David will
follow up about the GALA.
Everyone will try and find
1. CQC happenings
- A survey will be distributed to the robotics
student body within the next couple of weeks. Results will be presented to the program committee at it's next
2. XBox & the lounge
- Security and increased lounge traffic (and the
resulting decrease in available facilities) are the two biggest concerns.
- Traffic may be mitigated due to the relatively
remote location of our lounge.
- The XBox can be installed in the lounge conditional
upon increased security (i.e. a non-NSH common key).
- It would be good if the RI lounge and the CSD
lounge were on the same key.
3. RI Picnic
- Saturdays are much preferred over Fridays
(consider spouses/ significant
- The space 2yrs ago was very good. A consensus was that last years space was
to "fragmented" to be a good party location. An indoor (preferably air-conditioned)
space would be nice to have.
- Near by locations should be given preference
over distant ones.
- The Sandcastle site would likely be a good site.
4. Post Seminar Events will
be hosted by:
- January 25- 4th years
- February 15- 3rd years
- March 22 or 29- 2nd years
- April 26th -1st
5. RI Open House
- First years will be organizing this.
6. Black Friday Event
- This will be organized by the 4th years.
7. 1st Year Move
- General consensus was that Cheryl's plan was
reasonable and that student input would be a great idea.
next meeting data will be February 15.