- Requirements once admitted to the program
- Course requirements: 96 units total with:
- 72 units of coursework (which includes 4 core courses plus 24 - 36 units of electives)
- 12 - 24 units of supervised research, 16-997
- Writing skills (written technical report)
- Speaking skills (public final presentation)
It is the responsibility of the students to ensure that they fulfill the correct requirements. This includes getting approval from the Director of the Masters Program, Illah Nourbakhsh. This approval can be obtained by emailing Illah email@example.com and cc'ing Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overlap with undergraduate degree
- Any MS course requirement taken while an undergraduate to fulfill a requirement for the MS degree may not apply to the student's BS degree. The benefit here is that students can "pre-load" their MS degree while an undergraduate but they cannot double count courses.
- Students must receive approval from Illah Nourbakhsh to verify that MS courses taken as an undergraduate can indeed satisfy the MS requirements. Email email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org for such approval.
- A senior thesis cannot double count as supervised research
- Supervised research can begin in the summer between senior and fifth year