- Arts & Bots: Application and Outcomes of a Secondary School Robotics Program
Jennifer Cross, Emily Hamner, Christopher Bartley, and Illah Nourbakhsh
In proceedings of 2015 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, October, 2015, pp. 2159-2167.
pdf (623KB) | Copyrighted
- Robotics Community Experiences: Leveraging Informal Design and Learning Experiences to Motivate Urban Youth in STEM
Kimberley Gomez, Debra Bernstein, Jolene Zywica, Emily Hamner, Ung-Sang Lee, and Jahneille Cunningham
Handbook of Research on Advancements in Robotics and Mechatronics, Maki K. Habib, ed., Engineering Science Reference, 701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA, 17033, 2015, pp. 929-957.
- Identifying and Cultivating Diverse STEM Talent through Creative Robotics
Jennifer Cross and Emily Hamner
In proceedings of the 2014 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference and Exposition, Indianapolis, Indiana., June, 2014.
pdf (320KB) | Copyrighted
- A Visual Robot-Programming Environment for Multidisciplinary
Jennifer Cross, Christopher Bartley, Emily Hamner, and Illah Nourbakhsh
2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Karlsruhe, Germany, May, 2013.
pdf (975KB) | Copyrighted
- Arts & Bots: Techniques for distributing a STEAM robotics program through K-12 classrooms
Emily Hamner and Jennifer Cross
Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC) , March, 2013.
pdf (258KB) | Copyrighted
- Building Technical Knowledge and Engagement in Robotics: An Examination of two Out-of-School Programs
Kimberley Gomez, Debra Bernstein, Jolene Zywica, and Emily Hamner
Robots in K-12 education : a new technology for learning, Bradley Barker, Gwen Nugent, Neal Grandgenett, Viacheslav Adamchuk, ed., Information Science Reference, 701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA, 17033, 2012, pp. 222-244.
- A strategy for collaborative outreach: lessons from the CSbots project
Tom Lauwers, Emily Hamner, and Illah Nourbakhsh
Proceedings of the 41st ACM technical symposium on Computer science education, March, 2010, pp. 315-319.
- The Debugging Task: Evaluating a Robotics Design Workshop
Emily Hamner, Tom Lauwers, and Debra Bernstein
AAAI Spring Symposium Educational Robotics and Beyond: Design and Evaluation
- CSbots: A case study in introducing educational technology to a classroom setting
Tom Lauwers, Illah Nourbakhsh , and Emily Hamner
tech. report CMU-RI-TR-08-41, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, October, 2008
pdf (2MB) | Copyrighted
- Robot Diaries Interim Project Report: Development of a Technology Program for Middle School Girls
Emily Hamner, Tom Lauwers, Debra Bernstein, Kristen Stubbs, Kevin Crowley, and Illah Nourbakhsh
tech. report CMU-RI-TR-08-25, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, May, 2008
pdf (2MB) | Copyrighted
- Robot Diaries: Broadening Participation in the Computer Science Pipeline through Social Technical Exploration
Emily Hamner, Tom Lauwers, Debra Bernstein, Illah Nourbakhsh , and Carl Francis DiSalvo
AAAI Spring Symposium on Using AI to Motivate Greater Participation in Computer Science, March, 2008.
pdf (293KB) | Copyrighted
- TeRK: A Flexible Tool for Science and Technology Education
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, Tom Lauwers, Carl Francis DiSalvo, and Debra Bernstein
Proceedings of AAAI Spring Symposium on Robots and Robot Venues: Resources for AI Education, March, 2007.
pdf (3MB) | Copyrighted
- A Roadmap for Technology Literacy and a Vehicle for Getting
There: Educational Robotics and the TeRK Project
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, Tom Lauwers, Debra Bernstein, and Carl Francis DiSalvo
Proceedings of IEEE RO-MAN 2006, September, 2006.
pdf (172KB) | Copyrighted
- Educational Results of the Personal Exploration Rover Museum Exhibit
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, Brian Dunlavey, D. Bernstein, and K. Crowley
Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '05), April, 2005, pp. 4278 - 4283.
pdf (286KB) | Copyrighted
- The Design of a Highly Reliable Robot for Unmediated Museum Interaction
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, E. Porter, Brian Dunlavey, Ellen M. Ayoob, T. Hsiu, M. Lotter, and S. Shelly
Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '05), April, 2005, pp. 3225 - 3231.
pdf (406KB) | Copyrighted
- Up Close and Personal from Mars
Emily Hamner, Mark Lotter, Illah Nourbakhsh , and Skip Shelly
interactions, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 30 - 36, March, 2005.
pdf (651KB) | Copyrighted
- The Robotic Autonomy Mobile Robotics Course: Robot Design, Curriculum Design and Educational Assessment
Illah Nourbakhsh , Kevin Crowley, Ajinkya Bhave, Emily Hamner, Thomas Hsiu, Andres Santiago Perez-Bergquist, Steve Richards, and Katie Wilkinson
Autonomous Robots, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 103-127, January, 2005.
- The Personal Exploration Rover: The Ground-up Design, Deployment and Educational Evaluation of an Educational Robot for Unmediated Informal Learning Sites
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, Debra Bernstein, Kevin Crowley, Eric Porter, Thomas Hsiu, Brian Dunlavey, Ellen M. Ayoob, Mark Lotter, Skip Shelly, Anuja Parikh, and Daniel Clancy
tech. report CMU-RI-TR-04-38, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, December, 2004
pdf (755KB) | Copyrighted
- Formal measures of learning in a secondary school mobile robotics course
Illah Nourbakhsh , Emily Hamner, K. Crowley, and K. Wilkinson
Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '04), April, 2004, pp. 1831 - 1836.
pdf (542KB) | Copyrighted
- The educational impact of the Robotic Autonomy mobile robotics course
Illah Nourbakhsh , Kevin Crowley, Katie Wilkinson, and Emily Hamner
tech. report CMU-RI-TR-03-29, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, August, 2003
pdf (1MB) | Copyrighted
- The Personal Rover Project: The comprehensive design of a domestic personal robot
Emily Hamner, R. Gockley, E. Porter, and Illah Nourbakhsh
Robotics and Autonomous Systems: Special Issue on Socially Interactive Robots, Vol. 42, No. 3 - 4, pp. 245 - 258, March, 2003.
pdf (835KB) | Copyrighted
- The Personal Rover
Emily Hamner, Rachel Gockley, Eric Porter, and Illah Nourbakhsh
2002 AAAI Conference Workshop Proceedings, 2002.
pdf (1MB) | Copyrighted