- Developing Nomad for Robotic Exploration of the Atacama Desert
David Wettergreen, Deepak Bapna, Mark Maimone, and H. Thomas
Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 26, No. 2-3, pp. 127-148, March, 1999.
pdf (15MB) | Copyrighted
- Solid-State Six Degree of Freedom, Motion Sensor for Field Robotic Applications
A.M. Madni, Deepak Bapna, Paul Levin, and Eric Krotkov
Proceedings of the 1998 Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '98), October, 1998, pp. 1389 - 1398.
pdf (908KB) | Copyrighted
- The Atacama Desert Trek: Outcomes
Deepak Bapna, Eric Rollins, John Murphy, Mark Maimone, William (Red) L. Whittaker, and David Wettergreen
Proceedings of ICRA 1998, May, 1998, pp. 597 - 604.
pdf (348KB) | Copyrighted
- Payload Pointing from Mobile Robots
doctoral dissertation, tech. report CMU-RI-TR-98-08, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, March, 1998
pdf (2MB) | Copyrighted
- Antenna Pointing for High Bandwidth Communications from Mobile Robots
Deepak Bapna, Eric Rollins, Alex Foessel, and William (Red) L. Whittaker
Proceedings of ICRA 1998, 1998, pp. 3468 - 3473.
pdf (167KB) | Copyrighted
- An Innovative High Bandwidth Communication System for Mobile Robots
Deepak Bapna, James Teza, Eric Rollins, and William (Red) L. Whittaker
27th International Conference on Environmental Systems, July, 1997.
- Atacama Desert Trek: A Planetary Analog Field Experiment
William (Red) L. Whittaker, Deepak Bapna, Mark Maimone, and Eric Rollins
i-SAIRAS'97, July, 1997.
pdf (324KB) | Copyrighted
- Earth-Moon Communication from a Moving Lunar Rover
Deepak Bapna, Martin C. Martin, and William (Red) L. Whittaker
Proceedings of the 42nd International Instrumentation Symposium, May, 1996, pp. 613-622.
pdf (30KB) | Copyrighted
- Technology and Demonstrations for a Lunar Rover Expedition
Lalitesh Katragadda, John Murphy, Dimitrios (Dimi) Apostolopoulos, Deepak Bapna, and William (Red) L. Whittaker
1996 SAE International Conference on Environmental Systems, 1996.
- An Edutainment Based Lunar Mission and Related Spectrum Issues
Deepak Bapna and William (Red) L. Whittaker
Space Frequency Coordination Group Meeting, December, 1995
pdf (345KB) | Copyrighted
- Design of a Day / Night Lunar Rover
Peter Berkelman, Mei Chen, Jesse Easudes, John Hancock, Martin C. Martin, Andrew Mor, Eric Rollins, Alex Sharf, Jack Silberman, Tom Warren, and Deepak Bapna
tech. report CMU-RI-TR-95-24, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, July, 1995
pdf (1MB) | Copyrighted
- Perturbation Stability of Frictional Sliding with Varying Normal Force
P. Dupont and Deepak Bapna
Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 1995.
pdf (248KB) | Copyrighted
- Direct Communication from a Lunar Rover to Earth Enabled by Precision Pointing
Deepak Bapna, William (Red) L. Whittaker, and N. Colella
International Lunar Exploration Conference, December, 1994.
pdf (73KB) | Copyrighted
- Stability of Sliding Frictional Surfaces with Varying Normal Force
P. Dupont and Deepak Bapna
ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Vol. 116, No. 2, pp. 237-242, May, 1994.
pdf (189KB) | Copyrighted